How to avoid wasting time and money on self-publishing
Janet Jones, author of Happiness Millionaire offers her Top Five Priorities to self-publishing like a pro without falling for the scams.
If you are like me, you see many self-published books that just don’t look professional and they would never stand up against books in the bookstore. You don’t want that for your creation, but you don’t want to waste lots of money either, right?
I discovered self-publishing is a challenging journey with many sharks out there looking to relieve the unsuspecting, naïve self-publisher of their life savings. I found the clearer I was with the purpose and desire for my book, the more the sharks disappeared.
Happiness Millionaire helps people get RICH in Relationships, Income, Confidence, Health & Happiness using one simple system of images.
Here are my top five priorities to help you self-publish without losing your way, using the power of five important Happiness Millionaire images:
1. Decide what you DESIRE your book to be, look and feel then see the manifestation of your book at the top of this mountain. Will your book be an international bestseller or is it to support your business? Either way, the journey is a challenge but it’s imperative to know what you are aiming for. If you are unclear on what you desire your book to be, the journey will feel confusing. Many people will offer their guidance that will confuse you even more. This will take you along the wrong route that could cost you dearly in time and money.
2. Visualise, in your infinite mind’s eye, your finished product by using the power of your IMAGINATION. See the people you wrote it for reading it and talking about it. My visualisation of success for my book is two mothers, in the school playground, discussing how my book has helped them find themself again and get their life back on track without the use of medication.
The visual part of your brain will pick up this image and help you create it. If you can’t see it, no one else will. Use your imagination and don’t be afraid to invest in it. With a clear vision of what you want your book to be, you are more likely to know who you need to help you bring it to life.
3. Find the right team. Take your time and only work with people you respect and who share your passion for your topic. These people become your MASTERMIND. Personally get to know your editor, designer, formatter and PR people. Basically get to know anyone who comes into contact with bringing your book to life.
Once again, not getting this right could cost you dearly. It is important to connect with the right people for magic to happen. However, to find the right people, you must know your DESIRE and have used your IMAGINATION to know who the right people are.
4. Be your own best friend and cheerleader – AUTOSUGGESTION is the language you use in your head. Most people use negative language. To bring your book to your readers, encourage yourself to be brave and believe in stepping into the author arena.
Talk positively and support yourself like you would a friend. It is easy to criticise one’s self and sow seeds of self-doubt in the mind, convincing our self that we are not brave enough. The worst thing that can happen is that you don’t publish. Keep going no matter how long it may take. You are as good and deserving as anyone else.
5. Trust your intuitive guide. Remember it is all happening perfectly.
Be different and do as your intuition tells you. Follow your SIXTH SENSE. Very few people truly listen to it.
It will seem really strange sometimes and you may feel out of your depth. It may come as an uncomfortable feeling, an elated feeling, a dream or a light bulb moment, whatever it is you will feel or hear the message.
Be brave and be yourself. It is when you look hesitant that the sharks can come and get you by offering advice that lines their pocket rather than makes your work a success.
This blog is based on my journey to self-publishing and how I have used the Happiness Millionaire images each step of the way to manifest the book and demonstrate the Power Of Positive Images.
You can download your FREE preview chapters of Happiness Millionaire book at www.thehappinessmillionairebook.co.uk to find out more.
This book will launch in 2017 and you will be invited to be a part of the pre launch when you join us.